Monday 31 October 2011

Maroon Five

I think I've always subconsciously avoided the colour maroon because of being forced to wear it as school uniform when I was growing up. But now there's more and more of it in the shops I can see its potential as an autumn wardrobe staple. Mixed with black, denim, dark greens and browns, of which I already own a lot, it's even more appealing if think of it as Bordeaux, Berry or Conker (thanks to Mulberry for that last one). And whilst I dream of buying high-end fashion, like most people it's unattainable at such prices, so here I have paired some pieces I covet with more affordable versions. 


{Brian Atwood Fringed Suede Platform Courts, £485 / Topshop Platform Suede Courts, £90}






{Current/Elliott Skinny Low Rise jeans, £180 / Topshop Baxter jeans, £40}



{Mulberry Oversized Alexa in Conker, £925 / ASOS Buckle Satchel, £70}

{Chanel Rouge Noir nail polish, £17.50 / Topshop's Ruthless, £5 (having bought both of these, I actually think that when used with a topcoat the Topshop version is just as good as the Chanel)}


{Jonathan Saunders Wool and Silk Skirt, £610 / Zara Sheath Zip Skirt, £25.99}

Note: Not all to be worn at once!





2 comments:

  1. I love your picks. I think the color is so perfect for fall.

    -Ly
    http://www.lyzhang.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. maroon is one of my favorites! (alma mater team color!)

    ReplyDelete