Tuesday 11 October 2011

Texture Equations

With temperatures in London slowly falling as we head towards winter, I'm increasingly thinking about what I'll wear when the ice starts to form and the winds pick up. Although it's tempting to wear tracksuit bottoms, thick woollen socks and a fleece hooded sports top, it's fair to say you probably won't feel like your most stylish self. For me, the weather should not compromise your style, so this winter I'll be combining some of my favourite textures - leather, faux fur, wool, lace and tweed, for example - to make sure I still feel good and stay cosy in the process. Here are a few equations I've put together.

{Tweed Faux Fur Collar Coat, £110, Topshop + Faux Leather Leggings, £40, River Island}

{Knitted Coat with Leather Pockets, £32.99, Zara + Leather Pleated Skirt, £75, River Island}



{Leather Jacket, £325, French Connection + Metallic Tweed Shorts, £60, Sister Jane}



{Leopard Faux Fur Coat, £90, Warehouse + Leather Shorts, £191, Twenty8Twelve}


{Lace Dress, £95, Sister Jane + Leather Biker Jacket, £325, Biba}

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely love all of these pieces!!

    xoxo
    Alexandra
    www.fashion-feast.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these textures are some of my favorite things about fall/winter. I love leather, and faux-fur (provided it's soft). Here in Texas the temperature has barely dropped, so I can't wait for it to get colder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pieces! I'd love to own each one!

    xo,Cortnie
    http://stylelustpages.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. great pairings. my favorites are the lace dress and metallic tweed shorts. :)

    love
    kelly

    www.paperdolltheory.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your picks. I've been obsessed with all things leather lately.

    -Ly
    http://www.lyzhang.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stumbled you doll, loving these picks... kind want the leather shorts!
    x.o.x.o

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are terrific pairings! You have such a good eye... going to follow you. I know what it's like to be just starting out in the blogosphere... Good luck! Off to a great start!

    http://www.inherentstylela.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think my search for the perfect pair of leather shorts is over. thanks for the help!

    -Nico

    ReplyDelete