Monday 24 October 2011

Courgette + Ricotta Galette

One comfort that comes from declining temperatures is hearty food to warm you up. Since October has actually been very mild and pleasant compared to normal British weather for this time of year, I don't quite feel ready for huge, sleep-inducing pies, so this weekend I made this courgette and ricotta galette. It combines light, golden pastry with sweetly roasted courgettes laid on a bed of ricotta, mozzarella and cheddar (*the recipe calls for parmesan but I didn't have any so used a finely grated strong cheddar instead). We devoured it in about 5 minutes, but luckily I have some pastry left-over so am thinking of what other combinations I can create. 

{Shingle the courgettes in concentric circles, then carefully pleat the pastry over the edge before the egg wash}
{The sweetness of the courgettes against the salty cheeses and buttery pastry is the perfect accompaniment to a glass of crisp white wine in the autumn sun}



1 comment:

  1. Hi, I just found your blog and it's really cute! I love food! I think you might like my blog too, it's a personal style and fashion blog by me over here in England. I would love for you to stop by and leave some comments if you like it!

    www.raindropsofsapphire.com

    ReplyDelete