Friday 23 September 2011

Midi Mavens

Sometimes a trend comes along that makes me think, 'OK, this one isn't for me' and I'll let it pass by. Believe it or not that's what I first thought about skinny jeans, and now you won't find any other style in my wardrobe. The midi skirt is all the rage this season, but the concept isn't what I would imagine to be flattering with its awkward length cutting across the shin so abruptly. However, the more I see girls wearing their floaty, soft versions around London, the more I'm coming around to the idea. I'm on the look out for a midi I can pair with a fitted denim jacket, tucked-in white t-shirt, colourful printed scarf and wedge courts (such as these). Here are some of my favourites:


{Topshop Embellished Hem Sheer Midi Skirt, £38}


{Miss Selfridge Red Crepe Midi Skirt, £34}

{Miss Selfridge Ginger Drop Back Skirt, £35}


{Topshop Waterfall Midi Skirt, £40}

{Warehouse Pleated Wrap Front Midi Skirt, £50}



2 comments:

  1. That topshop skirt is perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great picks! i've only recently tried the ginger drop Miss Selfridge one and I already know for sure this one isn't for me. but the Topshop and the other Miss Selfridge seem interesting!

    An Interesting Distraction

    ReplyDelete