Wednesday 7 September 2011

An introduction


Welcome! I've been an avid reader of blogs for a long time and have always thought about writing my own, so here goes. Yesterday I returned to London from a two-week Californian roadtrip with friends, so I'm currently suffering from a bad case of jetlag mixed with endless daydreams of being back in the sun. 


The weather is certainly not helping my holiday hangover, so, as a distraction from the rain, here are some pieces I'm coveting to take me from summer florals into a new season of jewel tones. Who says you can't do colour in A/W?



{These tailored shorts in hot pink are certain to brighten up a gloomy autumn day}






{Zara comes up trumps with this gorgeous green leather tote. When it comes to bags, versatility is important, and this one allows you to carry it by the black handle or over the shoulder with the green strap}




{I was thrilled when Topshop introduced their cosmetics range, and I'm gradually adding their pieces to my makeup bag. This nail polish in 'Stolen Sapphire' is a bold statement for A/W, I plan on wearing it for fireworks night}


{Aside from the rock-bottom prices, another great thing about Forever 21 is that they don't replenish their lines. Instead, new styles are brought in and thus same-dress-at-the-same-party faux-pas are avoided. This infinity scarf is a steal at £4, and would look great with gold jewellery such as these from Zoe & Morgan}


{Since no outfit is complete without jewellery, these abstract studs from Topshop are a quirky, original design that will definitely catch people's attention. Even better if you have a sweep of red lipstick to match}

No comments:

Post a Comment